Exploring Fremont County real estate? There’s plenty to see! Fremont County is called the “gateway to the rockies.” There’s plenty to see and do—whitewater rafting, mountain biking, hiking, rock climbing, wildlife watching, kayaking and fishing to name a few. Code of the West real estate can help you find your dream Colorado mountain home or property!
The Arkansas River runs through Fremont County, which is why it’s a destination for whitewater rafting and kayaking. It’s the second-most rafted river in the United States.
Fremont County’s population is about 47,000, and Cañon City is the county seat. Other cities in Fremont are Florence, Brookside and Coal Creek. Fremont County residents enjoy low property taxes and a low cost of living, so you can get more for your money!
Fremont County Real Estate Highlights
- Royal Gorge Bridge & Park features one of the highest and most famous suspension bridges in the world. You can also check out a zipline, skycoaster and several other attractions.
- Cañon City Music and Blossom Festival is held the first weekend of May. You can check out vendors, see a parade and a rodeo and listen to national high school, middle school and junior high school bands compete for top honors in concert band, jazz band, parade and orchestra.
- You can see 10 tracks thought to be from a group of ankylosaurus dinosaurs at Skyline Drive Dinosaur Trackway near Cañon City.
- Several whitewater rafting companies offer tours on the Arkansas River.
- Taste award-winning wines in a tranquil setting at Holy Cross Abbey in Cañon City.
- Blue Heron Park Wetlands is a picturesque 1.5 mile trail around a lake located east of Florence, CO.
- The Arkansas Riverwalk is seven miles of trails along the Arkansas River through forests and wetlands.
- Florence is well known for its antiques, so you can find a variety of places for treasures.
- Museum of Colorado Prisons is housed in a former women’s prison constructed in 1935 and showcases everyday prison life.
- See a video tour of Fremont County for some of its highlights.
For more about Fremont County check out the following: